Monday, November 26, 2007

What does "chinese" mean..... REALLY?

Victim: John B
Blog title:Belize, snakeheads, and General Tso
Blog date: Nov. 26
John says:
I’m not talking about that kind of food that some snobs refer to as “authentic” cuisine, I’m talking about General Tso’s chicken, and fried EVERYTHING. How I could live without it, I really don’t know. I’d probably starve or get my 6 pack back, but I’m married now and why work so hard.

Bacon Soup says:
John's blog was created simply to make fun of me and the country of Belize. However, he unknowingly includes a universal truth in his absurd ramblings. If an asian person serves us wonton soup, does it not AUTOMATICALLY make it chinese food? And if we are being served Chinese food by an asian person, does it not AUTOMATICALLY make that person Chinese regardless of their ACTUAL country of origin? Of course it does. John hit the nail on the head here by questioning the notion of "authentic" chinese food. Who are those snobs to question whether or not the glistening Kung Pau chicken on my plate or the brocoRi chicken i slam down my gullet are "authentic?" How DARE they imply that the hot and sour soup - the nectar of the gods - that i drink by the gallon is not "authentic" chinese cuisine? Thank you John for saying what we're all thinking.

And by the way, i can see you having a 6-pack like i can see Donald Trump being the spokesmodel for Pantene...... warmest regards

No comments: