Thursday, December 20, 2007

A smattering of adult acne

You'd think that with all my other physical defects, that the gods of aesthetic beauty would at the very least grant me save passage through adulthood without the fear of acne.

But no.... I woke up this morning and what do i see, but two HIDEOUS pimples on the left side of my face. I have named them Liezel and Pontoof. And they are to be my companions for as long as fate deems necessary.

At the ripe old age of 22, you'd think that my acne days would have been long gone. But NOOOOOOO, not me.

Once again I reiterate my suggestion that ONLY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE be allowed to get acne. They have so much going for them that even acne wouldn't be that much of a hindrance. For people like me, however, adult acne is just another cosmic kick in the gut.

Can i get an amen?

6 comments:

Chris said...

You are in generally bad condition. I would vote to spare you from adult acne, if my powers allowed such.

Mickey said...

22, huh? My foot.

I'm absolutely torn up about this whole thing. He is a cruel, cruel God who would blemish your sublime beauty.

Meaghan said...

Should we talk to someone about your crow's feet, too?

Jacob said...

And your flabby thighs too. And the fake tan. And you're kind of bowlegged.

But 22? I had you pegged more for 30.

Severo said...

oh cruel, cruel gods why have you cursed me with acne-prone skin and inconsiderate friends.

since you saw fit to punish me with a Mayan slope to my forehead, i would have hoped that you'd spare me the ravages of adult acne.

woe is me.... woe is me

Jacob said...

I actually like the slope to your forhead. It's not like it's the neanderthal slope. The Mayan slope is very refined, dignified and almost regal.

Plus, you seem very symmetrical. That's always a positive.