Monday, January 21, 2008

"Greatness" my ass

Victim: Mickey
Blog Title: Fleeting contact with greatness
Mickey says: Dick Cheney- Dicks lives just outside Grand Teton National Park. Dick doesn't pay entrance fees to National Parks because Dick doesn't stop at entrance stations. Something about being a likely spot for an ambush. How true. Actually, Dick just sped by me in a convoy of black Suburbans. I know other folks who greeted Dick's "visits" by turning their backs, but I decided to just stoneface him under my ranger hat and shades. Dick.

Bacon Soup says: In this gem of a post, Mickey lists a number of people who he claims are the "celebrities" he's met. The list starts with Dick Cheney and goes down from there so you can imagine the D-listers he named. From Mr. Sandra Bullock, Jesse James to comedian Doug Stanhope, the list reads like a virtual who's who of Hollywood Squares or Celebrity Fit Club. And not even the usual C-list Hollywood Squares or Celebrity Fit Club, but the people who they call when Gary Coleman of "Different Strokes" or wrestler "Chyna" turn them down at the last minute. Yeah, those people.

The only person on the list I'd say was a REAL celebrity was Jeff Gordon. He's very popular, has thousands upon thousands of fans, is CURRENTLY WORKING and is easily recognizable. Plus he may one day father my children but that's beside the point. Other than ol' JG, however, the other names are pretty much unrecognizable. Let's just say we won't be seeing them on the red carpet at the Oscars anytime soon.

I can't believe Mickey started out the list with Dick Cheney. First of all, I would never actually acknowledged that i had come in contact with that man. Secondly, Mickey just saw him speed by in a caravan of SUVs. Does that even count? I guess i'll give that one to Mickey, though. He has so little else to live for.

But go ahead and read the post. It's entertaining if nothing else. Remember to leave nasty comments.

8 comments:

Mickey said...

You could have done better than that. Where's the personal attack? All you did here was point out that I haven't met any A-listers, which is hardly scathing. And if the VP isn't A-list, let's see you try to get within 10 feet of his gleaming pate.

Severo said...

You know, it doesn't make me wanna make fun of your posts anymore if you encourage it. I'll probably just start targeting someone who's actually offended by my posts .. like Jacob who tries to say he's ok with it, but is crying inside.

Mickey said...

I am offended, but only by your total lack of commitment to your stated purpose (something about making fun of your friends' blogs). I expect to be outraged but instead feel only minor disappointment and a touch of apathy. Where's that ascerbic wit that you formerly employed to hurl literary barbs down upon us from your supposedly lofty perch? Or was that my imagination?

Severo said...

well my initial purpose was based on the fact that you guys would give me Great fodder to work with. But your posts are BARELY interesting enough. I ask you, where are the completely vapid, idiotic posts i come to expect from you guys? I venture to say that YOU'RE the ones letting ME down.

Mickey said...

Then what does it say about you when you just rehash the boring shit that I've written without even throwing in an honest-to-god insult? If what I post is so god-awful, then make it better by ripping it to shreds! That's what we expect of you. Get on your game, dude.

Severo said...

you're mean. i don't like you any more.

Mickey said...

VICTORY IS MINE!

Chris said...

I was considering leaving a comment, but I would feel like I was interrupting something here.