Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I guess to a geek it's like winning the superbowl

Victim: Jacob the beer guzzling dork
Blog Title: Middle School Domination: Or, Suck It Beeyotch!
Jacob says: Near the end of the competition, I started to relax, but by that time, my group's point total was unreachable. The final score was something like a googeplex to three or something. I was that good. I had nearly single-mindedly (and single-thumbedly!) led our team to a come-from-behind Olympic win....

Bacon Soup says: I believe we've hit the motherload with this one. Thank you anonymous source for pointing out Jacob's post today. First off, he uses the word i've previously reprimanded Courtney for using - "beeyotch". I think this is a really really stupid word that no educated person should use, but let's get to the heart of the matter.

In this post, Jacob reminisces about a middle school victory in some little academic bowl or mathletic competition or something. It's not even a recent event or something current that he can brag about. He has to reach back all the way to middle school to find something that will make is wretched existence seem less like an abysmal failure that it has become. No offense, Jacob.
The sad part is he's been clutching to this one moment of victory for 20 years......My God, that's incredibly sad.

The "meat" of the post, as he calls it, is Jacob's memory of he and his little red-headed nerd friend Hank's bitter mental rivalry. Anyway, so apparently Jacob uses his mighty intellect to single-handedly and triumphantly lead his middle school team of glasses-wearing, Jordash jeans-sporting, library card-carrying, band camp-attending uber-geeks to victory.

Again, from his description of the event, Jacob clearly holds this as the highlight of his life. The post is a must read simply because it puts everything that Jacob is and does into perspective.

Please read his post and leave nasty comments.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

I will dissect one paragraph line by line:

"Anyway, so apparently Jacob uses his mighty intellect to single-handedly and triumphantly lead his middle school team of glasses-wearing..." I don't think any of us wore glasses. I didn't wear glasses until just before college.

"Jordash jeans-sporting..." Seriously, how old are you? I don't even think Jordash was still in business when I was in 7th grade. Kurt Cobain died when I was in middle school.

"library card-carrying" school library didn't require cards and the public library had a smaller book collection than I did, so nope.

"band camp-attending uber-geeks to victory." We couldn't attend band camp until 8th grade.

Only only a couple of us were actual geeks. We had a very weird class where the salutatorian was the drugged out type and the number three GPA was from the star quarterback. The guy who actually occassionally bailed me out occassionally was a linebacker.

But yes, I was a dork.

Severo said...

wow.... I .. I don't know what to say. By trying to negate my argument by discrediting my insults you somehow ironically proved me right.


thank you... i guess.

Mickey said...

It's Jordache, assholes.

Severo said...

ooooh, sorry Mickey. didn't know you were so defensive about Jordache :)