Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Scott and John.... where did we go wrong?


Hey Bacon Soupers, a couple tragic notes of interest. The first is that Scott Speedman, they guy who ushered me into adulthood from his perch as Ben on the hit WB show Felicity (on whose episodes i based all major life decisions for 2 years), is reportedly dating Cameron Diaz. We at Bacon Soup are extremely disappointed by this. We are not big fans of Cameron and hope that this is merely a publicity stunt for Speedman who can do WAAAAAY better.

I'm assuming Loree is the only person reading this that has any interest in Scott. She shared my affinity for him. For those of you who aren't aware, Speedman, a 33-year-old English-born Canadian actor is best known for his role as the soft-spoken and gentle Ben Covington on the coming-of-age television drama Felicity (also starring one Miss Kerri Russell). For those of you interested in Scott's current work (again, probably only me and Loree), his next film "Adoration" is in post.

Also on a sad note, John Edwards is expected to drop out of the presidential race today. I have been an Edwards enthusiast since college and would have liked to see what an administration under his leadership would have been capable of.

Your thoughts......

7 comments:

Loree said...

It's so weird to see side-by-side photos of Scott Speedman and John Edwards.

I'm not a Cameron fan, either. I remember when Scott S. and Keri Russell were dating in real life and it made me incredibly giddy (despite my love for Noel). I get way too invested.

Also, WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO VISIT YOUR PEEPS UP HERE? Just asking.

Severo said...

i actually had been planning to go see you and laura and taylor and beard soon. but with tennis, i just can't find a weekend. however, in the next few weeks one league will end i'll have a break before the next one starts so i'll definitely go then. i REALLY wanna see you guys. i miss the newsies :)

Courtney said...

Funny, I always picked you as more of a James Vanderbeek kind of guy.

And Edwards never stood a chance.

Meaghan said...

You only liked Edwards because he is attractive.

Mickey said...

I don't know Senor Speedman, but I assume he could do better than Senorita Diaz. She scares me.

I'm also disappointed at the early exit of Senor Edwards. Regardless of his chance at a nomination, he was the voice for some issues that need to a part of the process for as long as possible. Besides, somebody has to speak for all the oppressed white males out there.

Chris said...

Here, here, Meaghan. I bet Severo would like to be administered "under his leadership." (ba dum dum tsst)

Jacob said...

The the dumbass democratic voters had nominated Edwards the first time around, there wouldn't have been a second Bush term. Sure Kerry polled well among hardcore democrats. He's very much a democrat, but the undecided voters don't give a crap about his qualities as a democrat. They care that their president isn't a dork. Kerry was wooden, seemed elitist if only for his old money New England accent and face, and had no personality. Edwards was everything that Kerry (and Gore) weren't.

This time I actually like Obama better, but seriously, if the Democrats were serious about getting one of theirs in the White House they'd have been voting Edwards. He's personable, relatively moderate and there's never a lot of bad stuff said about him. Clinton really is polarizing. I've never heard anyone I know actually come out and say they really like her, but there's no shortage of people I've heard express intense dislike, and not just from those planning on voting Republicans. And Obama is half black. I don't buy the assassination risk that some people are buying into, but it'll definitely lose him some votes, especially in places like Boston and the Great Lakes cities where racism is high, but there aren't as many blacks as there are in the South to counterbalance the dumbasses who can't see past the melanin and name.